one/4 pound (one stick) unsalted butter
one lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
one fresh turkey (10 to twelve pounds)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 massive bunch fresh thyme
one complete lemon, halved
one Spanish onion, quartered
one head garlic, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a little saucepan. Include the zest and juice of the lemon and one teaspoon of thyme leaves to the butter mixture. Set aside.
- Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out. Eliminate any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry. Area the turkey in a huge roasting pan. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and the garlic. Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie the legs collectively with string and tuck the wing guidelines beneath the physique of the turkey.
- Roast the turkey about 2 1/two hours, or until finally the juices run clear when you minimize between the leg and the thigh. Take away the turkey to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil allow rest for twenty minutes.
- Slice the turkey and serve.
Recipe courtesy Barefoot Contessa Parties!,2001, All Rights Reserved
My Personal Notes
Top Turkeys for Thanksgiving
Searching for One thing Else?
What is Cooking
Let’s Get Cooking!